Welcome to my website
Thank you for visiting my website. I hope it will give you an opportunity to find out more about me, what motivates me and why I want to stand for office again for the Conservatives. I was immensely proud to be the Conservative parliamentary candidate for the Hazel Grove constituency in 2010. It was a great experience that I will never forget and I although I was not victorious, I was immensely humbled by the 14,114 people who put their faith in me. I cannot thank them enough.
I hope that through my ‘Abercorn Notes’ page, you will be able to read regular updates about what I am up to and my latest thoughts whether they be political or non political. Thanks again for visiting, do have a look around and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I can be of any help.
Annesley Abercorn website introductory video
The views expressed in this website and ‘Abercorn Notes’ are personal to me, Annesley Abercorn. The views expressed should not be read as if they reflect the views of the Conservative Party. I am however, a committed Conservative Party activist.
Annesley’s latest news
- 2 MEPs re-elected for London. Annesley reflects on the European Parliament campaign for London
After nearly 11 months of campaigning extensively all over Greater London, the European Parliament campaign for 2014 drew to a close culminating in the declaration of results at London’s City Hall …
- Annesley reaches Conservative MEP candidates shortlist for London
I recently participated in the Conservative Party selection process for candidates for the European Parliament in the London region and I am delighted to have made the final shortlist of 7 candidates …
- Annesley Abercorn appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
I was recently honoured to be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (More commonly known as the Royal Society of Arts or RSA). This 250 year …
- My tribute to and memories of Margaret Thatcher
I have been spending the last few days reflecting on Lady Thatcher’s legacy and what it meant for me. Her very sad passing has only just begun to sink in for me. I think my earliest political memory …
- A tribute to Brian Cobby – voice of the Speaking Clock
I was saddened to learn of the death of Brian Cobby who recently died aged 83 following a series of health problems. Brian’s voice was heard an estimated 2 billion times between 1985 and 2007 as the o …
From the Conservatives
- Andrew Gimson’s PMQs sketch: Thornberry tries to embrace Lidington
But Lidington indicates that the British people have spoken out against such an improper, europhile liaison.
- How do you solve a problem like the railways?
Grayling is a man with a plan.
- Calling Conservatives: New public appointments announced. BBC Board members – and more
Further details enclosed.
- Newslinks for Wednesday 7th December 2016
May’s dramatic counter-stroke. She seeks to head off a backbench rebellion and outfox Labour by asking MPs to back her… Read more »
- Brexit. Ministers advance, proposing an Article 50 vote. And they retreat, conceding more scrutiny. Who is bluffing whom?
Commons fun and games today – but with serious implications for the coming negotiation.