Welcome to my website
Thank you for visiting my website. I hope it will give you an opportunity to find out more about me, what motivates me and why I want to stand for office again for the Conservatives. I was immensely proud to be the Conservative parliamentary candidate for the Hazel Grove constituency in 2010. It was a great experience that I will never forget and I although I was not victorious, I was immensely humbled by the 14,114 people who put their faith in me. I cannot thank them enough.
I hope that through my ‘Abercorn Notes’ page, you will be able to read regular updates about what I am up to and my latest thoughts whether they be political or non political. Thanks again for visiting, do have a look around and feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if I can be of any help.
Annesley Abercorn website introductory video
The views expressed in this website and ‘Abercorn Notes’ are personal to me, Annesley Abercorn. The views expressed should not be read as if they reflect the views of the Conservative Party. I am however, a committed Conservative Party activist.
Annesley’s latest news
- 2 MEPs re-elected for London. Annesley reflects on the European Parliament campaign for London
After nearly 11 months of campaigning extensively all over Greater London, the European Parliament campaign for 2014 drew to a close culminating in the declaration of results at London’s City Hall …
- Annesley reaches Conservative MEP candidates shortlist for London
I recently participated in the Conservative Party selection process for candidates for the European Parliament in the London region and I am delighted to have made the final shortlist of 7 candidates …
- Annesley Abercorn appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts (FRSA)
I was recently honoured to be elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (More commonly known as the Royal Society of Arts or RSA). This 250 year …
- My tribute to and memories of Margaret Thatcher
I have been spending the last few days reflecting on Lady Thatcher’s legacy and what it meant for me. Her very sad passing has only just begun to sink in for me. I think my earliest political memory …
- A tribute to Brian Cobby – voice of the Speaking Clock
I was saddened to learn of the death of Brian Cobby who recently died aged 83 following a series of health problems. Brian’s voice was heard an estimated 2 billion times between 1985 and 2007 as the o …
From the Conservatives
- The environmental case for Brexit
The EU has been an ecological disaster.
- Suleman Khonat: The war on smokers is a war on freedom
Corner shops are being driven out of business as the black market in tobacco booms.
- Fresh Start: Rewards of Leave 3) Freedom and opportunity for small and medium businesses
The third in a series of policy briefings.
- Newslinks for Tuesday 31st May 2016
Referendum 1) Leave narrow the gap by eight points in latest poll “Public concern over immigration has delivered a “significant”… Read more »
- Party members have swung slightly to Remain – but Leave still retains an overwhelming lead
Our survey finds that while six in ten members will definitely vote Leave, some of those who were leaning towards Brexit have switched sides.